Friday, January 24, 2014

I guess we're all looking for that place to call home or an ode to the woman of my life

Cause I have been listening to Van Morrison all day today and I can't help but think of home. A little ode to the woman of my life...

What will for always be my song, cause Van is the Man and you hummed this for me during our endless summer days





In 2012 I participated in this psycho photographic project where I had to pick a photo of an inspirational figure in my life, have my photo taken in front of a projection of the photo I had chosen and then enjoy about half an hour of psychoanalysis with the artist himself... 

CHRISTINA AND HER MOM 



"She was given money to go to the grocery store and instead she hit the road when she was only 16 with an apple and a toothbrush as baggage (cause dental hygiene is vital). She was always gazing at the horizon and so she embarked on a journey to discover the world. London, Paris, Bahamas, New York and the sky is our limit. I guess Wanderlust is highly contagious. A single mother, a queen of fashion, an iron lady, a rock'n'roll goddess and my personal hero. The woman that had me humming "Wild Wild Life" before I was even able to mumble and to whom I owe everything. My mom. Feelings of safety, belonging and immense unconditional love. I guess we are looking for that place to call home. "


The first song I apparently ever sung. 





Cause there's nothing like discovering hidden treasures like a photo of your mom in the late 60s. What a babe!





























"Laughter. An essential ingredient for survival. And we laughed a lot."

"We imagined ourselves as the Sons of Liberty with a mission to preserve, protect, and project the revolutionary spirit of rock and roll. We feared that the music which had given us sustenance was in danger of spiritual starvation. We feared it losing its sense of purpose, we feared it falling into fattened hands, we feared it floundering in a mire of spectacle, finance, and vapid technical complexity. We would call forth in our minds the image of Paul Revere, riding through the American night, petitioning the people to wake up, to take up arms. We too would take up arms, the arms of our generation, the electric guitar and the microphone."

""Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine." I had written the line some years before as a declaration of existence, as a vow to take responsibility for my own actions. Christ was a man worthy to rebel against, for he was rebellion itself."

"The gratitude I had for rock and roll as it pulled me through a difficult adolescence. The joy I experienced when I danced. The moral power I gleaned in taking responsibility for one's actions."

Just Kids by Patti Smith

Cause lady Patti was the first concert she took me too and we randomly ended up reading her book at the same time.





 


























My latest mom tattoo 























Salt picking

























 This Christmas




Cause this post needs to end with Van The Man....

No comments:

Post a Comment