Tuesday, May 24, 2016

All palaces are temporary palaces

It's high time I posted a little something on here. Between several sun-kissed trips to Greeceland, a fantastic love fueled lucky 31 birthday celebration and a reign of terror in Bruxhell life has been somewhat of a whirlwind. So I thought I would share a few songs, pictures and quotes from all the things that have tickled my fancy over the past couple of months. 

I recently got super into the melancholic post-situationist 

Robert Montgomery




































































As you may have figured out this post is a somewhat melancholic reference to the impermanence of it all as exemplified by Montgomery's FIRE POEMS that I particularly like!


And as life is full of these odd little coincidences I recently came across this gorgeous manteau by EACH x OTHER a brand that was actually inspired by one of Montgomery's poems...

SAFE AND WARM HERE IN THE FIRE OF EACH OTHER













































Me and my gorgeous androgynous Montgomery EACH x OTHER manteau and a little video explaining this lovely brands history and concept or what happens when art and fashion melt into each other 






Obviously since this is my first post in a long time and the world has unfortunately lost one of the most groundbreaking, talented and controversial artists that have ever graced the pop charts, this post could not be complete without mention of our one and only PRINCE.

I have always been really drawn to his funky groove, his extraterrestrial androgynous looks and the way that man moved on the highest of heels. Yet reading a lot about him and listening to his music rather obsessively over the past month, I must admit there is far more to him then I initially thought.....CONTROVERSY, an epic album released in 1981 to be listened to on repeat...A small taste of how Price combined the carnal with collective social resistance and political critique and questioned our preconceptions and taboos regarding race, gender and sexuality. 

"I just can't believe
All the things people say, 
controversy
Am I black or white?
Am I straight or gay? 
Controversy
Do I believe in God?
Do I believe in me?
Controversy......

people call me rude 
I wish we all were nude
I wish there was no black and whiteI wish there were no rules..."





And since 2016 has been brutal in terms of stealing all our living heroes I can't help but share another BOWIE  LOVE IS LOST 'Hello Steve Reich' remixed by James Murphy / LCD Soundsystem 




David Bowie - LOVE IS LOST / Hello Steve Reich Mix (official video) from denial of service on Vimeo.

Last but certainly not least, the most memorable concert I attended this year was FAT WHITE FAMILY, because in an age where pushing a button can lead to becoming a self-proclaimed musical genius it's nice to be reminded that punk isn't dead! Afflictions, addictions, dark psychedelia, nudity and mosh pits, if it's a CHAMPAGNE HOLOCAUST, count me in!



FAT WHITE FAMILY - TOUCH THE LEATHER from Roger Sargent on Vimeo.

About that night...at PIAS NITES































No comments:

Post a Comment