Monday, December 30, 2013

You know you're living when it all becomes a blur...

  WHAT 2013 WAS ALL ABOUT


As this year is coming to an end, one day left darlings and we get to kiss this bitch of a year goodbye, I couldn't resist the urge of drawing up a list of the things that made 2013 special for yours truly. ENJOY.

1. THE GROWLERS 

Cause they have been the soundtrack of my life for the past few months and are undoubtedly my biggest recent musical crush!






2. PITCHFORK MUSIC FESTIVAL PARIS 

Cause I went for the first time to what is easily the most civilized music festival and had the time of my life! Amazing company, awesome music from the likes of Todd Terje, The Knife, Omar Souleyman, Junip, Jon Hopkins, Jagwar Ma, Hot Chip, Glass Candy, Yo La Tengo, Disclosure and Connan Mockasin and one of the best festival venues La Grande Halle de la Villette.   














































 














































Marylin, cause she made our nest in Montmartre special.

3. MAKING LOVE HAPPEN 

Cause I know I have done at least one right thing in my life when 2 of my closest friends that I introduced to each other and actually organized their first official date decide to tie the knot. I was the happiest 'best man' this summer, cause we all love love. 





























































































































 

4. WANDERLUST
Cause in 2014 I will be embarking on a new adventure....

5. ALL THE BEAUTIFUL BOYS 

That have colored my life with the chaos of trouble during the last few months...BIG LOVE

























6. THE REFLEKTORS aka Arcade Fire

Cause 2013 was their year and everything they did was pure GOLD.




7. THE DEEP SEA 

Cause I have spent the better part of the last year and a half trying to save it! 

This is an amazing comic strip that accompanied a petition against deep-sea bottom trawling. It explains the story of how after the over-exploitation of demersal fish stocks we discovered new fuel intensive techniques to fish further from the coast and at greater depths whilst destroying corals and sponges that live thousands of years to catch extremely vulnerable fish that no one really wants to eat!  



















8. LA GRANDE BELLEZZA




9. Our high school reunion and our matching tattoos


































































10. MARGARET ATWOOD

For ooooh so many reasons...

No comments:

Post a Comment