Tuesday, November 6, 2012

PARADISE

I absolutely fell in love with this video and song! All you lucky ones that went to Pitchfork may have seen "Wild Nothing" and needless to say I'm gutted I didn't get to see them last weekend at Magasin 4 in Brussels! So a video about Wanderlust with Michelle Williams reciting extracts from Iris Murdoch's 1975 novel "A World Child". Enjoy.



Everything was love.
Everything will be love.
Everything has been love.
Everything would be love.
Everything would have been love
Ha and that was it
The truth at last
Everything would have been love
The huge eye with had become an immense sphere was gently breathing 
Only it was not an eye nor a sphere 
But a great wonderful animal covered in little waving legs like hairs
Waving oh so gently as if they were underwater 
"All shall be well and all shall be well" said the ocean 
So the place of reconciliation existed after all
Not like a little not all in a cupboard 
But flowing everywhere and being everything
I had only to will it and it would be
For spirit is omnipotent only I never knew it
Like being able to walk on the air
I could forgive 
I could be forgiven 
I could forgive
Perhaps that was the whole of it after all
Perhaps being forgiven was just forgiving only no one had ever told me 
There was nothing else needful
Just to forgive
Forgiving equals being forgiven 
The secret of the universe
Do not whatever you do forget it 
The past was folded up and in a twinkle of an eye
Everything had been changed
And made beautiful and good 


Photo I took on my way home to Greeceland last week.


And since the video is partly filmed in the Niagara Falls, here is a photo I took 2 winters ago with a fisheye lomography camera


On another note it's that time of the year again, the time when a fabulously expensive designer collaborates with H&M to bring fashion to the masses so ladies and fashionable gentlemen  around the globe time to mark your calendars and set your alarms on the 15th of November as Maison Martin Margiela (one of Belgium's finest!) will be available at an H&M near you! I love the promotion video and the choreographed cat walk for the unveiling of the collection in NYC on the 24th of October. Enjoy a sneak peak. 




I have my eye set on the following items 

Candy Wrapper Clutch 

I also love the plexiglass heals




No comments:

Post a Comment