Friday, March 23, 2012

My newest obsession: Edward Gorey or How my body is a zombie for you!

Enter the dark, magical world of the one and only Mr Gorey...This is what happens when fairytales go wrong, when we live on the dark side of the moon and our prince charming has accidentally been struck by an axe and our beautiful princess has been devoured by mice...whatever you do don't let your children read "The  Gashlycrumb Tinies" as a bedtime story. I love his black offbeat humor and macabre gothic aesthetics which have  been a source of inspiration for the likes of Tim Burton and The Tiger Lillies. So lets get lost in his wicked world of fantasy....

Enjoy some of my favourite letters from "The Gashlycrumb Tinies"












































Beautiful song by Dead Man's Bones, the perfect soundtrack to enjoy the Gashlycrumb Tinies! 

Love this random photo I came across. For all the little monsters in all of you!


















My latest prized possession Babushkas in Burqas (this little treasure can be found at Menage A Deux, a newly opened concept store in the center of Brussels!)

No comments:

Post a Comment